There are many reasons why you might want to book a private session either for yourself or yourself and your friend or partner.
- Beginners often like to explore new yoga postures in a quiet, safe place with the assistance of a teacher at hand. When you first learn pilates sometimes the lateral thoracic breathing technique can take a while to pick up and it’s important to be made familiar with the underlying basic principles of pilates
- Experienced yogis or pilates goers can get a boost with a few individual sessions so they can work on a particular goal or posture, hone their technique and progress to more advanced work.
- Anybody suffering from recent or chronic illness or injury can find individual sessions especially useful. Pilates and yoga can be adapted to help strengthen and stretch specific areas of the body. These holistic practices can also be used in a restorative manner for those who just need to move gently and get increased mobility and blood flow around the body. Slow, gentle yoga postures using props can act as a gentle massage as well as boosting the immune system and aiding relaxation while the body is healing
- Yoga in particular is excellent for helping us overcome mental anxiety and stress – in individual sessions we explore breathing techniques (pranayama) and mindfulness practices that might be useful for calming and combating insomnia. I can also give you a longer relaxation in your session at times when you need to nurture your body and take it easy
- Sports enthusiasts, dancers, massage therapists and anyone that uses their body as a tool may benefit from a specialist programme of yoga and pilates exercises that works with their specific goals
- By contrast if you sit at a desk all day for work, then you might need a few individual sessions to help you get in touch with your body again and to really get to stretch out sore, tight shoulders, back and hips.
- Pregnant ladies may wish to book a gentle pregnancy yoga session – I’m qualified in pre and post-natal exercise. A few sessions after the birth when you are ready to get back to yoga or pilates can help you ease back slowly and safely.
- Couples often like to exercise together and there are a lot of lovely yoga postures that have new dimensions within partner work. Practicing yoga together can really enhance your feelings of connection and it’s also lots of fun.
- Some people will always prefer their own home practice of pilates or yoga and don’t wish to work in a group. You will find great benefit from having the advice and assistance of a teacher who can observe and correct your technique along the way. As a general rule, I would recommend you initially book around three weekly sessions at first. We can then move towards meeting for a session every two weeks and finally once a month if you can sustain a regular home practice. I will tailor make you an exercise plan that fits around the free time you have available.
I offer a quiet, calm space to practice in Nethergreen, S11. I have all the equipment we need, and street parking is free. You can choose a single one-off private session or a package:
Single session: £50
Set of 3 classes: £125
Set of 6 classes: £200
You can pay by cheque, cash or via online banking – if you book a package you will need to pay for the set at the initial lesson.
Contact me to arrange a session or for further details
Please note I require 24 hours notice for canceling or rearranging a session. If less than 24 hours notice is given, the session will need to be paid for in full. If you give me less than 48 hours notice there is a cancellation fee of £15 as unfortunately it is highly unlikely I will be able to fill that space at short notice. Beyond 48 hours notice, cancellation is free and we will rearrange where possible to fit both our schedules.